Sunday, June 24, 2012

Turtles


When I began looking at rover photos, I didn't expect to see turtles roaming the countryside! Yet this, at least to me, appears to be exactly that.

  I refer to this as a turtle, although "reptoid" works too.


Here's another one:


It almost looks like it has crab-like claws. I searched for more around the same Legacy Panorama by Spirit (which is where these are located), but I didn't find any more turtle-like creatures that looked as good as these two. 


If you want to find the first one, go to the left side of the panorama, then find the two dark, rectangular slabs that are to the right of the blue, clam-shell-shaped rock. Follow straight up from these two slabs and you should be able to spot him.


If you want to find the second one (the one that appears to be crawling over the rock), just look to the upper left side of the big, blue, clam-shell-shaped rock. This is on the left side of the panorama.


http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/pia07342

No comments:

Post a Comment